Last year I teamed up with a group of my favorite bloggers and wrote 5 simple ways to improve your photography. This year I want to give you five ways to use those fabulous pictures you’re accumulating.
1. Make a book. So many photography printing services offer books now and they are a great alternative to all those 4 x 6 prints you never got around to putting in an album. Make it your goal to print a book every season or every year. I promise you’ll be so glad you did. The easiest way to do this is to either save your favorite images in a folder named 2012 album on your computer or upload your favorites to your printing company each month. Don’t wait till the end of the year and find yourself sorting through thousands of digital files. You’ll get frustrated and give up.
2. Make a calendar. I do this every year and I print several and give them as gifts to family members. We love seeing the new image every month.
3. Print canvases. I fell in love with the gallery wrapped canvas this year and I collected quite a few. They are so easy! They come ready to hang, no frames to worry about. And, they look great on your walls!
4. Join a group project. I’m participating in Darcy’s project 52. It not only gives you a way to share your images, it motivates you to use your camera and practice what you’ve learned.
5. Make a personal goal. Whether you join a Project 365/52 or not, if your goal is to improve your photography, then no matter what level you’re at making a personal goal to learn something new or shoot in a different way is something you should do. Last year I made it my mission to learn to shoot fireworks. I accomplished that goal on July 4 and later, entered that photograph in my county fair and won best of show.
I hope this gives you some ideas to put into practice this year. Enjoy your photography journey and don’t just let those files sit there on your computer, do something fun with them!
Check out the other 5 Simple Ways Blogger’s Posts:
- Springs Bargains-5 Simple Ways To Save More By Wasting Less
- Heavenly Homemakers- 5 Simple Ways To Accomplish More Each Day
- Smockity Frocks- 5 Simple Ways To Occupy Preschoolers
- My Blessed Life- 5 Simple Ways To Update Your Home Decor
- The Happy Housewife- 5 Simple Ways To Save Money In 2012
- Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures- 5 Simple Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen
- I’m In Organizing Junkie- 5 Simple Ways To Organize Without Spending Big Bucks
- Balancing Beauty and Bedlam- 5 Simple Ways To Freshen Up Your Wardrobe for 2012
- Southern Saver- 5 Simple Ways To Not Get Overwhelmed in Couponing