A few noteworthy things happened this weekend:
1. I took some pictures of my second oldest daughter with her lovely smile because in a few short weeks that smile is going to change when she has to get some teeth pulled to prepare for braces.
2. The light went out in our refrigerator and in the 28 hours it took to get it replaced I lost the will to eat. It’s strange how depressing a dark refrigerator is. It brought back bad memories of the time when our power was out for 10 days after an ice storm and everything ruined. How did I survive those 10 days with a 3 year old and 1 year old and no ability to wash clothes? I’ve blocked most of it out of my memory.
3. I started watching the first season of Downton Abbey on Netflix and I love it. I’m pacing myself because I know I’ll be sad when it comes to an end. (In other exciting TV news, Mad Men returns March 25!)
4. I read a book called Burnt Mountain by Anne Rivers Siddons. At first I was turning into a prune reading it in the bathtub each night it was so interesting and completely normal, then it got weird when her husband ran off on the mountain and started stealing kids’ childhoods. I hate when books get weird when they seem normal.
5. I hung a raft on my wall and called it art, but you’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see it.