1. I had planned to blog more. It used to be easy for me to write every day on my blog. Then I started another blog and a website and my time is divided now. My office hours are after school every afternoon about 3 when I force the kids outside and lock the door (not really. In fact, the screen door bangs open and closed about 50 times after I send them out.), until around 5 when I start supper and try to clean up a little. And precious little of that time is spent writing. I think I’ve lost my writing mojo. It’s a rare time when the words follow me around all day and rearrange themselves into sentences in my head like they used to. I feel like I do a poor job keeping up over here now.
2. I’m back to doing my couch to 5 K training. My ankle feels a little weak, but it’s not swelling anymore. This week I started week 3. I may be the only person in history to take a year to complete the whole thing. And really, I don’t even care if I can run 3 miles without stopping. I only care that I exercise every day. Right now couch to 5K is making me exercise and almost enjoy it.
3. We’ve been putting along through school nicely. Sometimes we swim in the afternoon. We walk the dogs in the evening, and spend the time as the sun goes down out by the swing set, talking while the kids play. If we get the dogs put up early enough, we let the chickens out. I love watching the chickens scratch in the grass. They are very entertaining. And, they provide us about 4-5 eggs a day!
4. But next week we are taking another break. My husband has the week off. We have a couple of family fun things planned, but mostly we’ll just hang out with each other and clean stuff up.
5. Saturday, we were loading up to head out to our shopping excursion and then later, the hot air balloon thing. My son got in the car complaining about ticks on his socks. Come to find out his shoes and socks were COVERED in seed ticks. We had to turn around and come back home (we’d only gone a couple of miles) to let him change.
6. I put up around 42 quart bags of corn last week with some help from husband and the kids. I felt a sense of accomplishment watching that freezer fill up. Now we just make sure not to throw a breaker and leave the freezer off for 2 weeks before noticing (like we did last year).
7. I stayed up way too late one night this week finishing Joshilyn Jackson’s new novel. It was good.
8. My littlest kid learned to swim in the pool this week (with her life jacket on). All summer she’s been glued to the steps. She wouldn’t even come out in the water with me holding her. But this week we swam with friends and her friend who is her age was swimming all over the pool with no life jacket and jumping off the diving board and I think that gave her courage. By the end of the day she was going all over the pool.