The truth is I have no beauty secrets. Up until last year I washed my face with warm water and nothing else. Most days I don’t put on make-up at all, and bobby pins and hair clips are all too often my go to hair style. But lately I’ve realized I’m going to have to start fighting age signs with product (or at least that’s what their clever marketing has led me to believe).
The most amazing thing about this photo is that I was able to round up all my favorite things so quickly. Now that I live with a teenager, my stuff is always disappearing. Not only that, but the toddler also thinks she is a teenager and I have a very hard time keeping her out of my stuff. I try to put things up high, hide them, threaten her–nothing works. For all I know she brushes her teeth with my toothbrush when I’m not looking, but that’s one thing I’d rather not know about.
On to my favorite beauty products.
1. It’s a 10. A leave in hair product that makes combing my long, easily tangled hair a breeze.
2. Tresemme hair spray. Currently the only hair spray that doesn’t offend me with a powerful smell.
3. Origins Checks and Balances. Love, love this cleanser. It has a wonderful spearmint smell and it doesn’t dry my face out after washing.
4. Clarisonic. I use this with the Origins cleanser. My face feels fabulous afterwards, but I don’t look one bit younger.
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. This is the only foundation/moistuizer I’ve used all summer. I’ve always worn a moisturizer with an SPF every day since I was a teenager. I wanted to give this a try since I’d used the Clinique tinted moisturizer before and really liked it. I like the Laura Mercier, but I’m not sure I like it better. I doubt I’ll buy it again.
What I really need now is some kind of under eye cream with superpowers. Not necessarily for wrinkles, but for the puffiness. I’m on the hunt. What are your favorite beauty secrets? Please share!