1. I don’t watch the Olympics. No interest at all, and yet that and Chick-fil-a is all anyone is talking about.
2. I’m deep into Breaking Bad. For the chemistry lessons only. It will surely enhance my ability to teach chemistry to my kids this year, and or my street talk, yo. I’m catching up on all the past seasons on Netflix.
3. I realized today that I’ve never finished all the white painting in my house. I really need to tackle the hallway. Soonish. Yo.
4. It’s been a busy past week, with two photo sessions (which happens to be the most I will schedule in one week) and it is not going to slow down. VBS (vacation bible school) is next week. During one session, I took my kids along and got this shot of two of them which I am totally in love with. I plan to fully embrace the silhouette image while I’m at the beach in September.
5. Friday I hit the ground running, getting ready for family that came over for the day, some of whom I hadn’t seen in 4 years. We had a great visit! And it turned out to be a great weather day. We were able to sit outside and have a wonderful breeze.
6. Did I tell you all our baby chicks got murdered one afternoon while we were gone? The one dog we left outside managed to handle the whole lot of them when they escaped out a crack at the bottom of the cage. Daisy lined them up sweetly under the trampoline. It was a sad, sad Monday. Maybe she didn’t murder them. Maybe she herded them to death. We’ll never know.
7. We wonder if the rest of the hens are traumatized. They’ve only laid 2 eggs since then. I had to buy eggs at Walmart. Another sad day.
8. Can you believe next week is August? Me either.